Sunday, November 06, 2005

Is it over?

The local elections were held yesterday. Very big deal. Every inch of ground viewable from well, anywhere, is covered in election billboards. Hours were spent in traffic trying to get around so called wavings. As if seeing a whole bunch of people wearing your t-shirt standing halfway into my lane is really going to get my vote. Campaign convoys clogging up the road, and those obnoxious loudseakers attatched to trucks playing music you can't make out. People feaking out upon hearing the slight posibility their candidate might lose. And this morning, some guy calls asking for my mom (not here), then this convo takes place:

Guy: "Hey, I heard you voted for Ben and Tim"
Me: (Heard? Pshh) "Um, no I didn't vote"
Guy: "What? Why?"
Me: "Didn't register in time" (I do feel like a butthead for this)
Guy: "Ooh" (Pause) "If you did who would you vote for?"
Me: "Yeah, I'll tell my mom you called" *click*

I don't know who it was, sounded like a relative.

Official election results are still not out, people still being obnoxious. Wake me when it's over.

No comments: